07-04-2016, 08:34 PM   #7
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three_thirty_I View Post
LOL!!! But I guess it would be a bit better if it were on your Z4 with that big engine bay...
So the problem you have when you've built a private shop to fix cars is YOU HAVE TO USE IT.

But really, getting the valve cover off an N52 out of the E90 engine bay is a complete PIA. I look forward to the Z4... you just buy a new valve cover and go from there.

The E90 is all wrapped up. I broke the oil breather hose (of course). A little JB Weld and a 1/2 copper pipe butt connector and we'll she how she does tomorrow.

I remember when BMWs were designed to be repaired. Gotta love Bentley... "Remove the oil breather hose from the rear of the valve cover..." No shit Sherlock... but HOW?

A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0