Thread: MHD vs JB4
View Single Post
      06-12-2019, 09:43 PM   #15
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

As someone who had JB4 only, JB4+BEF, and MHD only, I see no benefit to JB4, at all. What so ever. There are no "safeties" and the JB4 will target whatever the hell it wants to for AFR and blow your motor. I ran JB4+bef with a custom backend flash/map 6 before I sold my car only to run throttle body injection so I could use full e85. Running OTS e30 map was smoother, ran WAY better, and wouldn't have timing drops like the JB4 did.

MHD flash only is the only way to move forward with this platform unless you're using a big single turbo running an external wastegate and need an external boost controller. Anyone telling you otherwise is either stuck in the past back to when MHD didn't exist or a vendor trying to sell products.

Another thing, you have a 2000$ Bosch ecu which controls thousands of parameters and has the best safeties possible, you want to overwrite that with a $500 piggyback with a Chinese processor working at nearly 1/4th the speed that only changes boost and manipulates the fuel system into changing fuel pressure?
2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 4