Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by POBEP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WgSo View Post
Think I can give that a look if I exhaust all options. Why would the fuel regulator cause such violent shaking? Since it's electronic, wouldn't it throw a code? When checking, what should I look for and what are the sign that shows it is bad?
I have no codes. In my case "shaking" is more in the form of the fuel starvation. It is pretty nasty at times.

I can reproduce the issue by coasting for 10-15 seconds down to 1,300rpm followed by applying light-to-medium load while keeping in the same gear. It shakes between 1,400 and 1,800rpm and then drives fine when goes above the 2,000rpm.

Similar starvation happens with AC is on, warm/hot engine, transmission in D and waiting at the stop light for more than 1 minute.

Another sign is that it takes long time for engine to start after being parked for 3-5 days. If I let the ignition ON for 10s before starting it fires up instantly.

You can check fuel rail pressure on the fuel rail. There is an nipple for fuel pressure gauge tool. It should keep pressure for some time after you turn off the engine.
I'd be very surprised if you engine ran so lean that it misfired without a fuel trim warning.

If it clears out after 2000 RPM or so , that's even more evidence that the problem is not fuel starvation or a low pressure fuel issue.

INPA is a great debugging tool on these motors. It's your BEST friend. If you can't replicate the problem while parked, you can log the issue with Test-o or Bimmergeeks software.

Sounds more like a coil problem ,but logs will tell for sure.
Appreciate 1
POBEP367.00