View Single Post
      11-04-2021, 09:41 PM   #12
WgSo
Private
Rep
Drives: N/A

Replaced both engine and transmission mount, and changed my transmission fluid. That did not resolved my issue. My first test drive after replacing all the above mentioned parts, it seemed like the shaking went away, but with the following day when I did a longer drive, it came back. The drive was about 120 miles split into two 60 miles session with a 2 hour break in between. The symptom was definitely not as bad as it was before changing out the part, it doesn't violently shake anymore. It became a light shuddering, would say about 90% of the shaking intensity has been removed and it doesn't happen in lower speed anymore. Mainly happen between 40-60MPH and less frequent. Though, I do noticed that the shaking intensity did increased a bit more towards the latter half of my second 60 mile driving session. Hoping it doesn't progressively get worse or get back to what it was like before the part changes.

Definitely checking on my driveshaft next. Logically speaking, I can't see how a drive shaft issue is related to my problem. If there really is an issue with the drive shaft such as a bearing problem of crack giubo, shouldn't the shaking/vibration be constant? Where as mine only happen a very specific rpm range, speed, and gear combination and only lasting for a split second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donethat View Post
I just went through this, for me it was at 1800-2000 rpms while giving light throttle, it felt like I was going over very light speed strips for one to two seconds. Otherwise it shifted perfectly. Car was at 115k (GM trans) and never had any transmission problems or services.

A fellow member/neighbor e92William identified it and After reading a bmw bulletin, there was no doubt it was transmission shudder.

Last week I drained almost 5 quarts of fluid from pan. It was not very dark or have any smell of being burnt. I Replaced fluid with Valvoline Maxlife dextron 6 and a 2-3 oz shudder fix additive from ($10)Napa. Adding fluid and final top off was done with a small hand pump underneath while car running to bring the fluid up to correct operating level. It ended up taking more than drained out, requiring 6 quarts.
I’m not sure how much the fluid previously not being up to the correct level had affected or contributed to the issue. I do know that I had a code mentioning at about 110k about trans fluid required service. It’s a standard code that comes up at that particular miles from what I’ve read.

Since this DIY I happily have had no shudder.
That's exactly my issue! Sadly all the part changes didn't resolve anything. Seeing how your guide shows that some mileage is required for the symptoms to go away, I'm hoping a bit more driving will get rid of it. How much did you have to drive before your shuddering goes away? How did you reset your Transmission adapation?
Appreciate 0