View Single Post
      10-17-2021, 02:28 PM   #1
phsullivan
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

No throttle response after starter change

I just swapped in a new starter into my 2006 330i. While I had the intake manifold out I inspected the DISA valve and found that the large one is spinning freely on its shaft and the upper pin holding it in is broken. I decided to remove the damper flap and reinstall the unit until I can get a replacement later in the week.

When I start the car everything sounds normal. It idles nice and smooth. But when you push the gas pedal (with the car in neutral) the engine responds very slowly and will not rev past about 3k rpm with my foot on the floor. It takes to even get there. Driving the car, it can barely accelerate to 25 mph and can not hold that speed on any type of incline.

Is all of this caused by the missing DISA flap? After resecuring the flap I tried reinstalling it, which still flops around freely on the shaft, but this did not make any other difference.

If it is not the missing/non-functional flap, any suggestions on what might be happening? Or anything that I might have left disconnected that would cause this issue?