View Single Post
      02-09-2019, 01:05 PM   #17
CaptainBluu
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by WampumD View Post
My 2011 M57 w/ 82,000mi just started popping the 4580 intermittently when backing off throttle at lower speeds, particularly when cruising at 30mph and letting off the throttle in a descent. If I keep the speed and throttle higher (i.e. drive more aggressively) I can go engine start to stop without getting the light. On average, the car gives me a 4580 about 1/3 commutes, which last about 22 minutes, and almost always in the previously mentioned parameters.

I saw the mx write-up for troubleshooting, but a lot of those processes seem above my skill level or require several special tools. Any recommendations for "most likely" cause I can test for easily, or should I just bring it to a trusted shop and cough up the cash?
Unfortunately I was not able to figure out what the issue is. I also went back and forth with Andrew Rodriguez from JR and we ended up knocking out the trouble code AND the limp mode from the DDE. He has only come across 2 other cars that do this and wasn’t able to fidure out the issues. EVERYTHING fuel system related was changed on all these cars. And when I say everything I mean EVERYTHING.

The code being knocked out did not fix the actual issue, it’s more of a coverup, but the car works fine, no issues no leaks no problems. It idles a little rough because of the high rail pressure bit you’ll get used to it.
Appreciate 0