05-15-2019, 10:04 AM   #110
torqueisking
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335D Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklockard View Post
I feel your pain vazyx. It chaps my hide that they put this failure-prone, crummy, lousy vacuum control system on an otherwise fine car with no position monitoring or feedback. Vacuum diagnostics are a fruitless, giant time suck.

If there are aftermarket developers out there, please make a better actuation system with feedback (closed loop control) that does not depend on vacuum! This thing sucks. The turbo's almost NEVER perform properly. It's sad really.
Been thinking about this too. I am building a pressure convertor feedback system for my 335D as a first step. The feedback will be at the output of the PC. This will also allow me to adjust system gain and offset electronically.

Second step will be to move the feedback to the output of the vacuum actuator. I was thinking about using a slide potentiometer but heat, resistance tolerance and resistance linearity could be problematic.

I also would prefer to do away with the vacuum actuators entirely and use linear actuators but heat and cost likely wouldn't make this approach viable.
Appreciate 0