Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray335i View Post
eNBT classic adapter is on sale from bimmerretrofit for $345. http://www.bimmerretrofit.com/store/...product_id=105
I think these are vin locked so once you register them with your car they can not be re used on another car.
3 years ago , i did non i drive to cic + combox retrofit. for the last couple of months i been thinking about going to EVO, but just cant justify spending money on this especially on enbt adapter.
I made my own canbus devices using an arduino that can wake a cic or nbt units on the bench for testing.
Loike you said, hard to justify spending that much money on nav upgrade for to 1/4 of the cost of the car.
The Bimmer Retrofit adapters tend to burn out after a few years. I already have a car systems adapter with my NBT next and I have had a great support experience with them. If I want to I can call them up and have the vin changed for free on my adapter. I can justify the cost for me since I am keeping my car for another 4-5 years. If someone has a nice 335i or M3 I could 100% see them justifying the cost.
Appreciate 0