View Single Post
      04-22-2015, 05:32 PM   #1
DWR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Extended BMW 335d PIDs for Torque

If laziness is the mother of invention, her sister is frustration. I was getting tired of the Torque App's inconsistence units and scaling for several parameters I like to log. So, I decided to 'roll' my own. Here is a list of items I added to an extended PID csv file:

AFR now reads correctly for a diesel, instead of gas. Small adjustment, but what the heck, let's get it right.

Boost was the worst offender. Torque's version was just plain wrong. Now you can have a reading that matches an analog gauge! Same with exhaust manifold pressure, and in psi.

Air Mass wasn't even in mass units. Now you can log lbs/min and see where the LP compressor maxes out on a compressor map. And see how it is very much temperature dependent.

Speaking of which, ambient air, intake air and charge air cooler temperatures are all there in Fahrenheit degrees.

Fuel Flow in lbs/hr so you can estimate crank HP from BSFC (~0.4lbs/HP/hr) Unless, you are adding fuel by fuel rail pressure manipulation or methanol injection. Then all bets are off.

All 3 exhaust temperature probes can be monitored in Fahrenheit.

The full configuration is in the attached "BMW 335d.csv"

Just copy the file into the .torque/extendedpids folder (remember to remove the 'txt' suffix from the file name). Then select settings in the main menu of Torque. From there scroll down to "Manage extra PIDs/Sensors" and select. From the menu icon in the upper right hand corner select "Add predefined set", then you will see BMW 335d. Select that and the csv file parameters will be loaded for you to select from, just as you would any other parameter in Torque. Note, I formatted the parameter names so that they appear at the top of list and are easy to find.

I have also included a PDF of the SAE J1979 document that gives details of OBD II PIDs. Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2011 list of OBD parameters.pdf (676.2 KB, 6321 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt BMW 335d.csv.txt (1.7 KB, 3932 views)

Last edited by DWR; 11-20-2017 at 08:32 PM..
Appreciate 9