SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post
for the cobb, why did you decide on doing the linear throttle sport? and not stock throttle? thank you
I went w/the LT because it's less sensitive than the ST and allows better all around accelerator/speed control for my purposes.

You'll get more throttle response w/less accelerator pedal push w/the ST, which will give that "OMG, it's SO FAST" feel, but that makes it somewhat more difficult to control the speed/power of the car w/the beefier tune for "normal" daily driving.

Another way of explaining this is, I don't want the turbos kicking in and the car going almost WOT, when I just step on the accelerator 50-60%. I only want it to go WOT when I actually floor it and to go just as fast as I need it to go with a very predictable and progressive amount of accelerator input, which is what I get w/the LT.

FWIW, it seems like most guys w/auto trannies like the ST map (and the MT guys like the LT map) but, personally, I think it's more a function of age. Younger owners that have auto trannies just like the "OMG, it's SO FAST" butt feel that the ST map provides AND "think" that the LT map seems "sluggish" in comparison with the LT.

Truth is, the end result at WOT is the same in LT or ST, but how it gets there is much different between the 2. If you're not sure which you like, just try both maps and choose the one you like best.
Appreciate 0