07-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #2239
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8nm View Post
Thanks everyonel. I am not going with the Dinan mods. I effed up and lost a sweet M3 deal because I thought it too far away in Salt Lake City. So what is your advise on this situation:

1) Buy a CPO 2008 or 2009 e92 M3 with about 60K to 70K miles, DCT and EDC for around $38K and mod it.
2) Buy CPO 2011 e92 M3 with ZCP, DCT with 30K miles for around $53K and drive as is. Except it has a moonroof which I hate.

As always, I can keep the 335is for $32K and put $3K in mods on it.

I need the option that will allow me to drag Stig around on his leash.
Thanks for helping out the old guy.
I might have missed this previously in the conversation... But how "squirmish" on you on mods and paying for out of warranty repair work?

I ask this because you could buy an 2008 M3, toss a nice capacity supercharger on it and associated accessories and be around (maybe slightly above depending on how much of the install you do yourself) the cost of a 2011 M3. But you'll be footing the bill for any repairs or parts that will get worn out more quickly. It's also your only option to quickly drag Stig around with a leash (assuming you already have the driver skill to do so!)

Buying a 2011 M3 means you get a warranty for a 2-3 more years but you pay more up front.

If you want cheap jaw dropping power and don't mind wrenching on your own, get the 2008 so your mod budget will be larger.

If you want something you can have fun in and not have to worry every day if you're gonna have to worry about fixing "XYZ" issue for a few years then get the 2011.
Appreciate 0