11-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #16
Paz
Enlisted Member
Wales
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
I'm not suggesting dangerous braking, just positive braking at safe / legal speeds, i.e. 70-20 off an Mway or D/C slip road towards a roundabout. Are you on slicks or soemthing?

What if you had to do an emergency stop in the rain? would you mow down the pedestrians and then tell the officer you didn't want to brake too hard?

Joking aside, if you're taking it even easier due to bad weather, then this could be the reason for not bedding in for sure.

Squealing is where the pad is momentarily grabbing and then losing grip on the disc, but very quickly. If you can imagine grip/slip/grip/slip/grip/slip so fast that it makes a high pitched squeal, about 10khz maybe? ie. 10 thousand time a second.

Strangely enough pads don't grip steel discs very well, you need pad material to transfer onto the disc, then the pads grip the pad material very nicely without squealing.

The only way to do this is heat and pressure, rain or shine you need to do it.
Well I tend you use the motorway only 4 miles of it... to and from work, however traffic is very heavy.. no slicks, just new falkens all four corners.
But point taken, will give it blast tonight and report back.
Appreciate 0