Rep
Drives: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater328 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herakles View Post
Quote:
Without seeing more details, you sure its theIr Cree vs your fiber optic to the outer ring going bad? Heat among other things has killed those for others.
So the best from the Lux can do that? If so and mine aren't damaged I might install the stock bulbs back if it's not too late - screw that noise if I need new assemblies I'd sell my car before replacing them
I wouldn't necessarily say this has anything to do with the LUX. It could be heat, could be just age and Hawaii's UV. My car is 8 years old and it just happened. I've had some form of Lux's or HPBs since year 1.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herakles View Post
Quote:
Without seeing more details, you sure its theIr Cree vs your fiber optic to the outer ring going bad? Heat among other things has killed those for others.
So the best from the Lux can do that? If so and mine aren't damaged I might install the stock bulbs back if it's not too late - screw that noise if I need new assemblies I'd sell my car before replacing them
I wouldn't necessarily say this has anything to do with the LUX. It could be heat, could be just age and Hawaii's UV. My car is 8 years old and it just happened. I've had some form of Lux's or HPBs since year 1.
I hear ya- looking at the pics , the inner rings look strong so that concerns me that it's the filament innthe outer ring-
Guess worst case I just replace the entire housing - which looks a pita as you have to remove the damn bumper - I'll probably as for a quote from the body shop since they can do it probably in an hour and hopefully charge 200 or less in labor- do t have time for that.

Or just let it be for a while till they really look bad -
Appreciate 0