View Single Post
      04-16-2007, 10:57 PM   #51
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

It's a brave new world we live in. I'm finding in my field that in the future, software enhancements will be additional on top of having a full bonafide maintenance agreement (which by the way runs solidly into multiple six figures). We're too used to expecting updates/enhancements. Maybe we'll never know what the real deal is....did BMW overlook these coolers? Someone said starting 3/07 all cars had it, was it an enhancement or production mistake prior to 3/07? Understandably, with what we paid, we don't like for our cars to be lacking something that another one has in the same model year. Perhaps BMW should have added the cooler in '08 on the steptronics to avoid this situation.

If I had a step and mine lacked it, sure, I'd want it too. But if I leased I'd say why fight city hall to improve something that BMWFS owns anyway? All that effort to improve their property!?

Sometimes this stuff never ends, I just saw a post today asking a E93 why he had the old oil temp gauge, which by the way looks like mine. I was going to research what was old about it, and then decided, who cares? It tells me what temp the oil is, if it's old, it's old. For pete's sake, the car is only 4 mos. old I'm not going to worry about it.
Appreciate 0