View Single Post
      01-22-2023, 02:10 PM   #59
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
You're far more confused than I am on the Constitutional Republic we live in and I see a lot of projection here on worship of some image of it...

That said, the current ICE bans in the US are all at the state. Where, as you stated, the politicians are doing the will of their voters. So, from your perspective, this should be a perfect path as it is the most in line with "federalism".

What? Subsidization is what happens when the government uses its purse to pay for anything. Since it is all being paid for with public funds. Gas taxes don't fund road construction and maintenance fully and even if it did it would still be a subsidy...

I also find it quite ironic that all of your "benefits" of subsidies for the oil industry are much more effective in a renewable energy future. Making a case for government subsidies to get us there...

"The Government subsidizes oil for a myriad of reasons that benefits national security to supporting the economy by reducing the prices of products that rely on petrochemicals, which is nearly everything one buys or needs in life; from food, clothing, housing, electricity, and God say it, clean air and health care."

I didn’t specify the US government. However in Europe it is at the federal level
Appreciate 0