View Single Post
      07-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #11
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

I totally forgot to update this thread!

Since I didnt remove everything from the hub (didnt want mess with the allightment) I was unable to hit it with a mallet to force it in that way and I woudnt have felt like that was a safe way to do it. I also tried so many different things, oil, grease ect... but nothing worked to allow it to slide in on it's own, So i gave up and pulled it out and drove without the axel for a week in order to get around. I made sure it was just extremely short trips lol.

Anyways, the tool finally came in and i reinstalled it and it went perfectly fine. If i had to guess its probably because my wheel hub has over 120k miles on it and the axel i got had 42k. Since these are both used parts they probably wore down slightly different over there age on different cars they just wouldnt slide together on there own matter what i did, but with the tool it glided right in. I didnt even have to use any force.

This tool is a huge headache saver and i highly, highly suggest anyone replacing an axel with with used on on there car with high mileage to buy this tool before even attempting the repair. I so wish amazon had it since that would have saved me a huge headache of waiting on the Ebay one to arrive.

This is the tool I bought.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/7Pc-Drive-Sha...=1886030176007

Here is a video of the tool in action.

Appreciate 1
PhaseP1005.50