Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
I am thinking about leasing an M235i for 36 months and at the end of that I want to get into an M4 via financing instead of leasing.

Assuming residual is 50% i'd be paying about $25,000 total for the M235i what trade in/Down payment will I have to put towards the M4?

I am unfamiliar with leasing and searched the forums but could not really find an answer to my question. I appreciate any help
i'm not sure where you are getting 50% from. when i signed my intent to lease in July and ordered my 135is to be built from the factory----the 3 year residuals were around 60%. I'm sure the M235i will also be like that. If you are going to keep a car for 10 years, then by all means buy it. If you want to get different cars every 2-3 years-----by all means LEASE. buying will make you lose even more money usually.......

with BMW, it's foolish not to lease if you are going to keep a car 2-3 years. They subsidize their leases SO well. It's a leaser's market with BMW.....waaaaaaaay better than almost any other company.

I already have a car i've had over 11 years now (TT).....so my DD needs to be reliable, under warranty, and fun...leasing works out great. Not everything in life is about money; some things should be about enjoyment as well
I just threw 50% out there because I thought it was an average number. But 60% is even better. Eventually I plan on having 2 cars just like you one leased and one paid off, I think it's a great combo.

Another thing that has me hesitant about leasing is the down payment insurance if my car gets totaled or stolen
[url/]http://www.realcartips.com/leasing/0...ar-lease.shtml[/url]
the best leases are the ones where you ONLY pay taxes and fees upfront with the first payment. It's not advisable to put a big down payment down because, as you said, that money is likely to be lost if something happens.
Appreciate 0