View Single Post
      01-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #22
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Todays Update from dealer...

Definitely leaking, and there was a puddle in the under-pan (I knew that). They see the hose couplings get wet when they pressure it. Its just the lower side hose, but they see 3 other places get wet. Radiator and seal near pump. They don't really see where its sipping from, but is a slow gradual leak under pressure. They think it could be pump; Alpina_B3_Lux it appears I have a similar issue to yours maybe? The theory is that it slow leaks until a big enough puddle collects, hit bump or tilt and somehow it gets splashed on belt or fan explaining all the wetness and green residual all over, because nothing leaking from up side of engine. They will keep it under pressure and recheck tomorrow see if they can pinpoint the source.

If this takes more time than this to locate, I am really starting to tilt towards selling this POS BMTroubleYou. I love the car when it works, but this now comes barely 700 miles after my last major failure where my LPFP and fuel regulator went out on me. Having been in the dealer so many times I couldn't think what else would fail, but it keeps learning new tricks so to speak. Every time I turn around there is something else wrong. Its a garage queen mostly as you can tell at merely 32K for an 07 and out of warranty, I am starting to worry it might turn out to be a money pit than never runs trouble free long enough to make it worth owning.