04-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #238
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyS View Post
I have a 2009 328i LCI with Xenons and been looking everywhere to find the LEDs under 100$ (preferably 4x LEDs version.)
This will require you to pull your headlights apart and replace the rings if you are looking to go full LED rings (x4). I would suggest the $69 option for now.

Which ones WILL dim when unlocking the car. I heard some won't dim like the Halogens.
I believe these dim, but it happens so quickly that you hardly notice and shouldnt be a selling feature.

Secondly, I've been searching everywhere on the web and can't seem to find the right place to change these bulbs. Some say behind the fender trim, some right behind the light housing and some on top of the light housing. I just don't feel like jacking my car up and realizing I could have had access to it right from the engine bay.
It is a plastic round cap behind the headlight. You can access this from under the hood. Just need small hands and some patience.

Many have posted videos or pictures of LCI E90s and I have yet to find out like mine.
I have posted mine in the comparison thread towards the end of the thread. I used $10 GP thunders for now. I may get these BMWLED versions. Because of the Sunlight color temperature and the design of the AEs, the white color does not show up as easily for ANY of these drop in solutions. You must go full LED rings, like OSS or 180

I'm sorry for the new question guys.
i have commented in bold italics. Hope that helps