View Single Post
      07-02-2018, 09:28 PM   #1
BSG335
Driving in the slow lane
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Question Let's talk radiators - OE / OEM / CSF / PWR / Mishimoto

So the time seems near that I'll replace the radiator (07 E92 N54) and in my previous BMWs I've just used OE or OEM replacements (E30, E46, E90, E83).

Some I've had to do over again in a very short period and rather than possibly go through that again with this car, I'd like feedback on what options there are.

I imagine the OE / OEM route is probably most cost effective in terms of cost of parts. The performance or aftermarket products seem to be 2-3x or more. Labour will be more or less the same regardless of which option is selected.

I've read a lot of info on radiators lately and of course there's a lot of conflicting views from users, vendors, and it varies by platform.

What do I use my car for? Daily Driver with some spirited driving. Upto 100km / day on highway and stop start traffic. In the last 12 months I've replaced all hoses, water pump, thermostate, expansion tank so I expect that this will be the last piece of the cooling system puzzle (for now ).

Mods? currently no performance mods but IC, DPs, CP and MHD 1 or 1+ in the near future.

I was thinking of something better than OE. With our very warm summers the larger core all alu units seem attractive and no messing about with that stupid drain plug.

Thoughts and feedback on your experience would be appreciated.

BSG
Appreciate 0