View Single Post
      10-12-2021, 03:58 PM   #8
xlr88r
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 & E91 330i M Sport

Comfort Access.

It's really useful. I'm already a fan of this 'hands free' way of entering and starting your car. The tailgate detection is great too, especially when you have handfuls of shopping to load. I'm wary of the cloning risks and techniques out there, so now my keys always make their way to the kitchen at the back of the house. Safety first, and all that.

As good as Comfort Access is, however, the car came with only one key. Although I've hand-on-heart never lost a key in my life, I didn't feel like tempting fate.

After putting the SOS out on an E9x Facebook group in the UK, one of the group members - a mechanic at my local BMW dealership - obtained a price from them direct: £260. Another member said "Try Tom Kedra" and gave me a mobile number. After a quick Google I found a site for Tom and popped him a call. A few days later I headed to Stoke-On-Trent for a new key to be made up. For £120 Tom:

- Supplied a new Comfort Access key
- Coded it to my car
- Cut the new blade
- Gave me a new shell for the existing key which looking worse for wear.

All in it took about an hour, and only because E9x Comfort Access keys are rare, and he wanted to be doubly certain he was coding the keys correctly. Job done! Here's a link to his site for those in the UK around the Midlands, who might need a new key one day:

https://advancedcoding.co.uk/

If links to companies aren't allowed, apologies, I'll amend this. It does seem a shame to not share Tom's site, as his service, prices, and professionalism are first class.

The old and crispy key, and the new and shiny ones:

Last edited by xlr88r; 11-27-2021 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0