12-06-2016, 07:22 AM   #106
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
Does anyone know who the OEM supplier is for the gaskets? Looked around on sites such as Ecstuning and eeuroparts. There are a couple of makers such as Elring, Ajusa etc. What brand did you guys get or did you just buy OEM BMW at a higher cost?
It is likely that both companies were OEM suppliers at one point, depending on the region and manufacture year. I went with Elring personally, simply because the rubber looked a bit better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christoepurrr View Post
Currently in the process of doing this on my car. Any special procedures or instructions on cleaning off the coolant/oil that spilled over the pulleys and belts below the OFH ? Can I just spray some water down there or use a carb or brake type cleaner spray ?
Make sure you clean that oil from all the pulleys nicely with some brake cleaner. Although it will burn off, I personally don't think it's a good idea to let the belt get coated with oil/coolant mixture.

I was going to do this job myself in my garage, thankfully I was able to get the car to a friends shop and do it there. What a effing mess, coolant everywhere god damn it, oil dripping. He had a suction machine so most of the oil we were able to suck out of the lines.

Technically you don't need to remove the coolant hose but if you wanna give the housing a good cleaning outside of your engine bay (which you should), you'll need to remove it.

Did I mention the damn coolant mess, for Pete's sake.

Anyways I would highly suggest to remove the radiator fan, and replace your serpentine belt, and don't forget to replace the washers on the oil lines!

Honestly, this job is not worth $200 saved. You lose quite a bit of time and the mess is just a shit show for a home garage. I would definitely pay an experience mechanic to do this, unless you got someone with a shop that can help you out.
Appreciate 0