11-09-2017, 09:26 PM   #607
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem151 View Post
Hey all,

I wanted to share a good experience I had at Pfaff BMW.

We were looking for a second car, and I stumbled upon Pfaff's As-Is collection. They basically sell older trade-in's as-is with no certification. What you see is what you get. I managed to get a 2 owner 2008 328xi 6MT for a very good price.

The car had a check engine light on and they told me it was an O2 sensor. I checked it with my scan tool and verified that the B2 S1 sensor was bad. After an extensive test drive, I realized the car was very well maintained, and that it would need little to nothing for safety. They sold me the car on a T-tag, I took it for a safety, and it passed with flying colours. As an added bonus, the car wasn't due for emissions for another year, so that wasn't a problem for registration. I did fix the O2 sensor a few days ago. There are a few cosmetic issues as you might expect, but I'm parking this thing on the street so I don't really care.

I am not affiliated with Pfaff in any way, but I wanted to share so people know this is a great way to buy an older BMW that a dealer would normally just send to auction. It is a win-win for everyone...Pfaff gets a little more than they would at auction and pays no auction fees, and you (hopefully!) get a decent car before it goes to one of those sketchy "buy here - pay here" lots.

Another bonus- you can put up to $5,000 of the purchase on a credit card which is nice if you are collecting points.

As with everything in life, YMMV. I think this is a good program for those of us that like to do our own work.

Attachment 1719085
You kinda sound affiliated based on your rep count.....but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
Stealerships are sketchy too....just much easier on the eyes and their sh!t stench is masked by money beautification.
Nice car,so how much did you pay for it?
Appreciate 0