View Single Post
      10-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #296
TheDonClark
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Awesome View Post
So I'm looking at buying a 2009 e90 M3 from them... Yes I've read the previous 13 pages of posts... But also realize that people are more inclined to post bad experiences rather than good experiences, so I'm guessing that not every car they sell is terrible.

The Carfax and Autocheck seem clean to me.
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...PM93519E201123
Low (9600) miles, and the pictures look great. I'm local and was planning on seeing the car in person and then if I decide to purchase, to get an inspection done first.

Does anyone see any problems with that Carfax report? The autocheck was very similar, except it only had 2 of the 4 records reported in the Carfax.

Thanks!

The fact that the first entry is 5/09/2011 when the car is a model year 2009 is a big red flag. Every carfax I've looked at has always had data from all the way back until the car was manufactured. The first person to buy/lease this car when it had 0 miles in 2008/2009 had to have done it from a BMW dealership and there would be a record of this sale and the transfer of title on the carfax. It's easy to try to ignore the pages and pages of people complaining about this dealership b/c they have the perfect car taht you've been searching for and you look at pictures of it and think about it and your mind is inclined to think that 'this car is alright, it's the one!'
I would recommend you take a step back and try to ignore the fact that this car is perfect and think about the tens of thousands of dollars you're about to hand over to a dealership that is widely known for selling lemons and that the first record of this car on the carfax is 'sold at auction' over 2 years since it was originally sold to someone - sounds very fishy
Appreciate 0