View Single Post
      06-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
jy326
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Why try to fit a square peg into a round hole? If you're going to get a set of rims anyway, why not just get a set of lightweight, 18" rims for auto-cross use only? Or get a set of rims for daily drive, and retire whatever you're driving on now for auto cross duty?
Like vwong said, I don't want to swap wheels back and forth =/, and plus I don't have the funds to buy tires and rims for autox AND buy tires for my dd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwong View Post
Maybe he doesn't want the hassle of changing wheels?

I, for one, am one of those who don't want to swap wheels. I've done that before in my Prelude. I used to carry a set of wheels, jack, and tools to autox and track events, then swapped them out at the events. Now I just want to arrive, check tire pressures, take my runs, then adjust tire pressures back to street pressures, and take off.
exactly what I want to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbass524 View Post
Been using ARC-8s on my E92 for DD wheels for 4 years and they've been perfect. Live in Marin County and am the City often so bad roads are common.
Yeah,,, I've heard ARC-8s are pretty awesome for DD and autox, but I am still open for options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwong View Post
OP, first of all, are you planning to run with BMWCCA or SCCA? Do you care about competition in certain classes? In BMWCCA's stock classes, you're allowed to run pretty much any size wheels/tires, so just pick the size that fits your car and be done with it. But in SCCA's stock (or their new road tire classes), you're limited to factory sizes. So if your car came with staggered wheels/tires, you gotta stay with the same sizes.

For me, if I were to get a new set of lightweight 18" wheels, Volk TE37 is the only choice. But they're quite pricey!!!
I run with BMWCCA, for now I don't care about which class I am running. I want to start from ground 0 and build up from there.
Oh and I also thought about TE37s,,, but they are pricey like you said lol. I want to stay near the arc-8 range!
Appreciate 0