01-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #302
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Thanks Mo - will look forward to the guide you send across! I do notice slight clipping at high vols at the moment but as you say, it's all probably out of tone at the moment! My installer has said the Xovers were set to "0" so I'm really hoping that is the case, but I'll turn up the EQs on my car HU and will fiddle witht he MS-8's 31 band EQ in due course.. I'm just saving my ears from bleeding for the time being

I've got a bundle of multimeters I'm sure one of them will prove to be useful so will have a dig through that. Any cues on how I can play a 1Khz sinewave.. I'm going to take my time, read and attempt the calibration after understanding what I'm getting into.

Want to know whether I should install my M3 wheel first before calibration of the MS-8 or if that doesn't really matter?! I ask since I'll have to disconnect the battery terminals (will either -ve or +ve do, or must it be both?), I don't wan't to calibrate the MS-8 first, then go installe my wheel but find that as I've disconnected the batterey, I've lost all my settings lol.

S
You can download a sine wave and burn it on a cd and play it through the ms-8. Just go into the hidden menu and select "pass through mode" and then put the cd in. This will ensure that the sine wave isn't processed. For the underseats amp gain i'd use a 200 or 300hz sine wave, and a 50-80hz one for the sub. Just make sure you disconnect the relevant speaker!

The disconnection of the battery won't remove your ms-8 settings

I think the first thing to do is to use to test tone/multimeter to work out what position you can turn the gains up to. Then level match (see pm). Then after this you might need to do some of kaigoss' mods to make it sound even better, but i'm not sure on them as i didnt have a sub with the ms-8. I don't think its too tricky though.
Appreciate 0