09-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #8
PA66400
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwco View Post
Beware of OEM glass, I'd a replacement OEM glass on my M3 previously and it sucks, you can see the imperfection in the curvature while driving. It's a PPG brand.
Sorry, you are completely wrong in giving this advice, if the OEM is St Gobain/Sekurit. That is the OE glass for the E90. Albertans go through a windshield every other year. I have used both the St Gobain and BMW OE glass and the two are identical, expcet that the BMW glass has the BMW logo beside the (otherwise excatly the same) St Gobain script at the lower left corner of the glass. BTW windshield relacement with OE in Calgary (including rain sensor) is $1200+GST for my E90. You are getting a good deal - just be sure that they use the correct urethane adhesive, which requires the vehicle to be not driven for at least 12 hours, in order to proerly cure. The fast curing adhesive is not recommended by BMW and has a higher risk of leaks and wind noise because of glass misalignment and/or settling. It is also recommended to use new rubber gaskets (I think you cannot reuse the old ones because of the urethane that sticks to them). HTH.
Appreciate 0