03-20-2018, 09:43 AM   #6
RSL
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 (Retired) / 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzafar View Post
e93 2008 AT (10k) miles

I recently had a leak in my radiator and a crack in the exhaust manifold. Took it to a local auto shop. The guy replaced with OEM Mitsubishi Turbos along with replacing the valve gasket.

MODS:
AC Schnizer Catback exhaust
BMS DCI Intake
ER Racing Charge Pipe
CSF Racing Radiator

After he installed the turbos, he notified that under WOT the engine malfunction light comes on and its due to the O2 sensor. I got the sensor replaced today. Did not fix the problem.

The "Engine Malfunction" light turns on under WOT and stays on until the car is turned off and on. Light disappears after the car is turned off.

Even with the light on, the ECU is reporting no Error codes. The mechanic has no clue what to do. What should my next course of action be?
I don't think there's any way a light was set without a code being stored. What made you suspect O2's?

If it were a CEL, might be O2s, if it's "Engine Malfunction" like you said (1/2 engine light-reduced power) though, don't think O2s will generate that at all, but they might be in a list of codes that come with it after the fact. More often than not, 3100 will generate engine malfunction from a boost control problem (over/under target). Didn't see a JB4 listed in the mods, but any one of its safeties will trigger half-engine light and if autoclear is on, it will erase the codes on restart.

Without logs or actual codes, you're guessing off of 2nd hand information from someone that, frankly, doesn't seem all that adept. If he did VCG and turbos, I'd start there though.
Appreciate 0