01-22-2018, 02:13 PM   #6
AD18
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black E92 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasa bmw View Post
them brembo/mintex/mtek etc are just all made in same factory,,and are not brembo,,if you want brembo you have to pay brembo money..not cheap,,but id suggest going bigger calipers,ie 6 pot k sport or similar and yellowstuff/bluestuff/ferrodo etc..the owner of kms motorsport who sells brake set ups and other after market stuff/work informed me of the under license makers of discs,,
Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
99.9999999% your rotors are not warped, it just does not happen anymore. You have pad deposits or hot spots and you can either have them turned or replace. Best setup I have found for my car ( hard autobahn high speed braking) are oem premium pads and rotors. Oem premium pads do not fade and do not leave deposits like many aftermarket pads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeardo83 View Post
yeah your vibrating is being caused by pad deposits. BMW brakes are shite for track work, and overheat massively, easily. It even carries through to the e9x M cars too.

Shame really as i really want to track my car (i live 2miles from Oulton Park) but don't want to spend DOLLAR on a BBK.
Hmm ok thanks for the replies. I did think the "Brembo" discs were just a standard type and not really an upgrade. I haven't come across the term hot spots before, is that still some sort of overheating of the discs?
I noticed when I drove the car today that the initial bite has now gone, they feel 'slippery' as if there isn't much friction between the pad and disc.
If it is pad deposits, can this be removed if I bed the brakes in again? Is this where drilled or slotted discs reduce this?
Definitely agree with BMW brakes being p*** poor. I left the day thinking to maybe change the car to something else, but like you say even with an M3 I'd still need to pour money into it for the brakes to last a trackday
Appreciate 0