You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGUYinCO View Post
Well that sucks....hopefully they replace the card soon.
Im like the 51st person and they immediately said no problem. Thank god! I sent it back to them today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theruleslawyer View Post
If they ‘fix it’ itll be by reducing the power limit of the card. No way are they recalling them to replace connectors. Still it seems rare enough that they can just warranty them until you are SOL.
I heard they lowered the voltage from 1100 to 1070 or something like that too. Honestly, I dont care. This thing is a MONSTER. It runs everything I throw at it with so much ease. And since mine fried, Im scared to run another to be honest. I asked nvidia to give me a refund. They said no and that my new one WONT due this. Hmm. My 4090 was purchased in may. I would have thought, it would have included the new lower voltage firmware. Who knows. But Im ok with lowering it down some. Its too much as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
My understanding is the cabling is the culprit, not the card. A lot of folks were using improper, cheap cabling with kinks or cheap connectors that couldn't handle the load, and not supporting the cables causing stress on the connector.
I think its a mix of all of the above. Many with the nvidia 4 way adapter had issues too. The super small design is just not as robust as what we had before.

Crazy that mine fried. And even more crazy that I just so happened to be sitting next to it. It just went up in smoke so quick. Scared the shit out me. Im lucky I was sitting there.