09-23-2009, 11:23 PM   #83
bmwmike
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by packinDSS View Post
With all the posts that I read about VK and "oh they make their stuff in China" and "it is probably poor quality...... THIS IS BS. VK seems to make a good product (in China) and does not POACH us with the BMW TAX.....so what is the problem? I can't wait to see their price point on exhaust. About time a vendor broke ranks and stopped ripping us off!

Why are people whining? This is exactly what we all wanted.....Good products at a good price. WAKE UP and Put Up or Shut up. Pay the American made UNION luxury tax if you want....but I'm not. Union workers are nothing but guys off the street that anyone could train to do a job....then they unionize and demand "super" pay for a job anyone could do...and then get pissed when jobs are moved overseas...gee I wonder why?. BS...what happened to getting an education to get ahead in life? Oh wait.....just join the UNION and POACH us some more... No thanks I'll buy from China.

Unfortunately, the Chinese generally make crap that is filling our landfills at a faster rate than necessary. It's the fault of the consumer wanting cheap deals. With cheap prices comes poor quality inputs. Not necessarily poor quality trades. The Chinese could make top quality items but generally don't. Corners are cut. You pay for what you get. The Chinese have the market on cheap made products with cheap quality inputs for consumers that want to pay the cheapest price.

Take for example most products you buy that are made in Japan. Japan generally makes very high quality products since their inputs are of high quality. I have a calculator made in Japan that i've used almost every day for over 20 years and the keys look new and i can see the numbers. Try that on a Dell keyboard made in China. You'll have to replace the Dell keyboard after a couple years since the images on the keys wear out. That is an example of wanting cheap priced items and getting poor quality inputs. If i could plug the old Unisys keyboards made in North American years ago into my work computers I'd be buying those used since they last forever.

Go to a computer store that sells Sony and have a close look at their laptop made in Japan vs. one they make in China. Sure, the price of the Japanese made one is double the price but the China made one has very low quality inputs to match the price that consumers are willing to pay.

An example of good quality inputs in a product made in Canada was back when Canada had a shoe manufacturing industry in Ontario. It was well known in the world for the craftsmanship and the quality inputs. Yes, the price was high but you paid for what you got. I still have a pair of hiking boots from 1979 that I use every winter to today and you can see the quality last. Tread that lasts, thick sewing strings, synthetic material that lasts decades without decomposing. I bought a pair of shoes made in China and they lasted a season and then went in the landfill.
Appreciate 0