View Single Post
      03-15-2019, 01:32 PM   #35
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
Maybe I read something wrong but there is a lot of mention of priming the fuel system and even a video in this thread for fuel priming.

That said I'm still reeling in utter shock on this topic. Can't believe I did so much research on E90 OFHG work and missed this crucial issue.

This probably explains why there is ZERO online DIY tutorials for the 2011 E9x N55 but hundreds of online DIYs and videos for the 2010 N54 and 2012 F30 N55
I am completely lost on what you're trying to say here. There is no information posted here about "priming the fuel system." People posted methods for DISBALING fuel injection (pull the fuse and run the injectors dry, disconnect the injectors to prevent them from firing, or disconnect the ignition harness from the DME). You Disable fuel injection so that you can crank the engine without flooding the cylinders. You crank the engine to build oil pressure (prime it).

There are no DIY's because it is an easy job and N54 tutorials exist. There is no difference between the two cars in regard to the ofhg job except the intake manifold on the N55 makes the job slightly easier I believe. You don't need to remove it you can just loosen it.
Appreciate 1
Pladi719.00