09-24-2007, 08:31 AM   #280
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
Detailed Image
I am getting a new car ! When do you need to detail it first time ? I heard somewhere that you don't want to detail your car right away, since it has already some kind of protection from the factory ... i don't know if this is right or not ... that's why i decided to ask ...
doba_s, first of all congrats on the new vehicle! The time between when you receive your vehicle and your first detail is completely up to you. If you take the time to invest in some quality auto detailing products and tools, chances are you are going to do a much better job than any dealership prep work. If there was a coat of protection from the factory, chances are by the time you receive your vehicle, there will be little to protection remaining.

For a start on properly prepping your own vehicle. Kevin from GTA in Detail has an excellent guide to a new car prep. Stiffdogg offered some great advice as well.

If I were putting together a kit for new car buyers, these would be what I consider the essentials:

Washing & Drying:
Paint Prep:
Paint Protection:
Interior Care:
Wheels & Tires:
These would be some products I'd put into an 'essentials' kit for new car care. If you have any questions on anything, please do not hesitate to ask.

George
Appreciate 0