View Single Post
      09-04-2018, 04:18 PM   #2
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekulz View Post
I managed to successfully register + code my new battery with the inpa software suite the other day, but have a couple of questions about the process

1. I pushed the changes to the car via ncs expert (70aH > 80aH), and when it completed the car made a loud 'thump' sound out of the speaker system and the ignition shut off. I turned it on, checked the stats via INPA and could see 80aH which I assume means it worked? Was this noise expected?

2. i tested the button in INPA to register the battery change before doing it in tool32, and it seems to have worked. Did it via tool32 to make sure it went through, and now INPA shows multiple battery changes at the same mileage. I'm assuming this is ok other than whoever goes to register the battery next seeing more battery changes than there really have been?

3. Is it safe to continue using the cable/my INPA setup for future coding and error code scanning? It's a cheaper one purchased from somewhere different than one stop electronics (i.e. NOT the one recommended by the forum)

Thanks
It's safe to continue coding with your set up. The reason your car shut off was because you were modifying the values in the DME. You can't flash/program the DME while the car is running.
Appreciate 1
Ekulz6.00