Thread: JB4 in hk
View Single Post
      04-16-2012, 02:44 AM   #13
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 E92 | N55 F15 | N55 E70

Haha, yes the OP's explanation is a little bit hard to understand. In the first line, he mentions that "another thread" has gone on for over 1000 posts and provides a link. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491784 It was only after i read through the first 4-5 pages i began to understand some of the concepts he's talking about. I would suggest doing the same.

The Procede uses CPS offsetting (crankshaft position sensor) to reduce the targeted ignition curve by a number of degrees dynamically. Other tunes (Cobb, GIAC) do so by rewriting the timing curve manually to the intended levels of load/boost. While the Cobb and GIAC's method works, they have to be a little bit more conservative because conditions change depending on octane, oxygen levels, and ambient temperates. Therefore the only way to effectively control ignition timing is to do so dynamically like the Procede.

JuiceBox products received a lot of flack for neglecting this key feature on their tune, and I know Terry released some kind of stand-alone product that apparently makes an attempt to control Ignition Timing. However, from what i've read it is not advanced as the Procede or even Cobb and GIAC. If i were you, I would just sell the JB4 and start over with the Procede. Burger Tuning does a great job at marketing their products, and from what i understand they have great after sales service. However, the facts have shown that they make an inferior product.
PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782212
Appreciate 0