Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
GEWSE2k That design is pretty cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
my opinion isnt based on the car's value. i will still say it looks ghetto whether it's on a Civic or a Veryon. a mod isnt reflective of the car... it's reflective of the owner.

just because an expensive car has a cheap "mod" doesnt mean that "mod" becomes legit and justified. it just proves money and taste are irrelevant of each other.

besides, as someone already pointed out about plastidip... it can look great in photos... but up close in person, it looks cheap, tacky, ghetto, whateverothersimilarword. and thats just visual. have you touched a plastidipped car? makes vinyl wrap look and feel like real paint.

plastidip is an amazing product... but like any good thing, when that shit is overused and abused, it no longer is "good" imo. and i never said my car was too good for it. i drive a fucking 3series, as does the rest of this forum. BMW badge or not, it's an entry level car that fits my budget, satisfies my driving enjoyment for a daily driver, comfortable, and enough "luxury" without being excessive for my lifestyle. get over the whole badge nonsense.

/rant
I dont think you get that people who use plastidip, use the product knowing that it's reversible. There is nothing to lose basically. Plus, most e90 people are just doing wheels/grilles/window trims. Few are full dips. To be honest most full dips have gotten good feedback(ex.mashimaro white dip).

I think most people understand vinyl is a better choice. You also have to look at it in the perspective of the buyer. Vinyl jobs are 6X more then a plastidip job. Takes more skill and time to apply. corners and molds on the bumpers are a bitch for DIY'ers, plus no bubbles. Vinyl itself is much more expensive. hell, a roll large enough to wrap a car is just as much as dipping 3 cars. People also love matte cars nowadays. Not saying plastidip is easy to use, but it's easier. Its really hard to mess up spraying your grills. $7 dollar can vs. $75+ matte black grille. hum...same look and I can have it back to chrome? no brainer.

If their dip job is shitty let them know, telling people plastidip is shitty is your opinion. Not all dipped cars are ghetto unless they are flamboyant with it. oh i just read that bugatti was wrapped...not good enough for bugattis my bad.

12.0 @ 117

Last edited by idrift4wd; 10-23-2013 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 0