08-11-2019, 04:25 PM   #187
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
Thanks that is awesome of you to share your config as a starting point for me.

How do you like the RFP flash compared to MHD (assuming you ran MHD at some point).
I tend to take bits and pieces from each tuner and merge them into my own maps.

But to answer your question, I asked Ken (Wedge tuning) to modify one of the MHD Stage 2+ E30 maps for me so that I could run it with methanol as I don't have access to E85. It is very smooth and stable and fast.

I recently tried the RFP stage 2 map (modified for methanol) and found it a bit more aggressive down low, but once I dug into the tables, some of the tuning differences could easily be replicated into either tune.

For example, RFP maxes out the Boost Limit Multiplier tables so boost ramps up very aggressively, whereas on Ken's tune the boost control is more refined and progressive.

The wedge map has more timing up top so it felt faster in that rpm range, whereas the RFP map was more aggresive down low due to the quick boost ramp up.

My point is that if you know which tables to use, you can make them perform very similarly with a few minor changes.

What's nice about the RFP maps is they are not encrypted and you can fine tune them to your liking.

I will often try things out on the RFP map (like coolant setpoints and the recent throttle correction tables) to see how they feel, and then send the changes to Ken to incorporate into my custom bin.
Appreciate 1
TiAgAu148.50