United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyjen
My car needs power steering fluid. 2007 335i. I've heard 2 separate brands to try but not sure which one. Anyone know which i am supposed to use?
I just used a brake vac and had a buddy of mine turn on the car with the front end on Jack stands. He turned the car on and turned the wheel several times while I sucked out the old chs11.

I put AMSOIL ATF back in. We poured the new AMSOIL in while the car was still on and turned the wheel several times to make the pump suck the new ATF in. We did this until the pump stopped whining and the level of the fluid remained constant in the reservoir.

We then used the brake vac to suck out the new ATF out, in the same manner described above, which was not a nice red color due to it mixing with the residual CHS11 remaining in the system.

We then put more AMSOIL ATF back in the system in the same manner described above.

Presto - bright red fluid.

You should change out the power steering fluid every 50k or your probability of changing out a new power steering pump after 100k gets greater.

Last time I checked that part is not cheap.
Appreciate 0