View Single Post
      08-20-2007, 10:39 PM   #219
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
Hi George - I received everything on Friday - thanks again for your outstanding help on that.

I spent all weekend on my car, right now my FMJ is curring. I'lll start my second coat late this afternoom. I'll be giving a full analysis when I'm done, including pics.

One question George....is there a secret trick to using PB Natty Blue paste wax with my orb? Obviously paste wax is applied by hand (that's why it's paste wax), but I would love to spread it with my orb. At least on the larger, flatter areas. Anything? Thanks!
normtrum - glad to hear everything arrived on time I'm excited to read about your analysis and seeing how things turned out.

As far as the paste wax is concerned, I don't have any tips to spread w/ the PC since I've never applied a wax in this manner. I know some detailers have tried to melt down the wax, or carved it out of the case w/ a knife and spread it on a PC pad. I personally think too much product is wasted when you try to apply a paste wax with a PC. Ideally you want to apply 2 ultra thin coats, the PC just doesn't allow you to do so.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRusski View Post
So I was coming back from lunch and spilled Sprite on my carpet, what's the best way to clean that ?
It's a pretty good thing that it was Sprite since it was clear, that should minimize the visibility of the stain. I'd recommend a mixture Woolite and water, ~6:1 ratio or another good option is the 303 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner diluted ~6:1 as well.

Keep a firm bristle brush handy to loosen up any stubborn debris that may have stuck to the syrup of the soda left behind.

George
Appreciate 0