Poland
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinfo_us
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335I talian Stallion NJ
My E92 is ticking....

Now this is strange ! You've got 335, right? I think this is first report of ticking in 335. At least first a see on the forum. Are you shure you are talking about same ticking noise we are here. Listen to the audio clip posted in this thread. Does your ticking noise sound the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
335I talian Stallion NJ[/B]] My E92 is ticking....
I'd agree. Listen to the audio clip. However, if the N54 uses the same valve lifters as the N52 does, then it seems logical that his car could tick too.

msinfo_us:
wow, I didn't realize that your car's been looked at 3x already. Crikey! If it were me, I would be talking lemon law at this point. Still, you can't really get mad at the dealership. From everything I've heard and read about this issue, it sounds like the problem is that the company that makes these parts (ie valve lifters) for BMW is not making them to specification, or that they are not building them with enough quality to hold specification for any length of time. Hopefully the reports of BMW changing its supplier for these parts is true, and that our engines stay noise free.

Mods: Blacklines | Rear Seat Power Outlets | Rear Fog Lights | Ashtray Garage Door Opener
Appreciate 0