12-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #65
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Because I'm cheap.

Actually I wanted a car that was somewhat of a jack of all trades, fun to drive, reasonably luxurious with modern tech features like Nav, a decent sound system, a reasonably usable rear seat, enough luggage space for Costco runs. I also liked the idea of a retractable hard top as it gave the advantages of a coupe and a convertible.

Owning a BMW is not something that I aspired to and I have no particular loyalty to the brand. Quite frankly if I had know how poorly the sport suspension with the RFTs was sorted out I never would have bought it but at this point now that I have ditched the OEM RFTs for Cont DWS and have installed Koni FSD dampers I am happy with the car.

Not sure what I will replace it with when the time comes. Practicality is no longer that big of a consideration since we purchsed a 750Li earlier this year.
I will certainly look at the new 4 Series and M4 but I am also interested in the new Jaguar XF.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England

Last edited by captainaudio; 12-05-2012 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 0