04-05-2007, 02:01 PM   #326
EricFother
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwvirgin View Post
Eric...how is the cable different from the USB cable I got with my iPod? (My iPod is about 2 yrs, old....was the last generation before they came out w/ color). The cable I have is USB on one end and connects to the bottom of my iPod from the other end.

I ask b/c I used this cable and had what seemed like the 80% functionality. Everything worked (Artists, Genre, etc) EXCEPT my playlists, which wouldn't come up. Perhaps there's something different about this cable to get my playlists to work?

Thanks.
I'm not 100% sure...but I think the reason your music works is because you imported it into ITunes as MP3. The 6FL in the car sees your IPod as one big hard drive...and you can view your music. Once again. I'm not 100% sure. I noticed that when I did the same thing you did (hooked up my IPod with the USB-IPod cable that came with my IPod) that my music was all in 4 character titles that made no sense...like GJKT and GJKU...which might sound like 2 songs in a row...but were totally random music! I had imported all my music into ITunes via the Apple Lossless...or something like that.

I imagine someone else with more knowledge on the subject will weigh in shortly.

Delivered March 27, 2007
Appreciate 0