View Single Post
      05-15-2013, 08:25 AM   #1232
Haagen-Dazs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Apollo 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maso View Post
Since the 325d is EXACTLY the same engine as the 330d but it has a electronic stop is has the EXACT same possibilities of remaps as the 330d so its pretty easy.
The only major difference between (325d)330d and the 335d is another software and the extra turbo, they are prone to deliver pretty much the same since all three models share the exact same M57 engine See my attached picture according to bmw's own site. PLus a single turbo diesel doesnt steal as much effect as a biturbo does, the 330d/325d engines are easier to tune more there for.
Same goes for the Toyota SUPRAs, ppl want the single turbo more than the biturbo models due to that one could squeeze more power out of the single turbos. So most biturbo SUPRAs where reworked to single turbo engines since they gave more effect. anyhow to much extra info here.

I had my car on dyno when engine was original/stock and it gave me the results of 216hp & 440nm where 193hp was on the rear wheel and this was still after 93.000km and bwm says it has 197hp in the engine from factory spec. Pretty nice.

Then i replaced the diesel particle filter(dpf pipe) with a straight/empty downpipe so now it smokes out of the exhaust on throttle reponse like old diesels do

After this i fed the OBDII with a STAGE3 V-TECH remap. It gives +100hp and +200nm, with V-TECHs STAGE 3 remap. My car goes close to even with Scandinaviens fastest streetlegal 335d E92 which you can read about here; http://www.garaget.org/?car=223177
This 335d e92 has 410hp and 835nm in the engine, where 371hp and 694nm is on the rear wheels. This car has DYNO papers to prove this. PLus it beats the 400hp V8 M5 with no problems at all and goes close to even with M5 V10. Same guy and company tuned/remapped my car.

Im planning on mounting a custom 3" catback aftermarket exhaust from FERITTA and a bigger IC as well next summer which should give me the same effect as my friends 335d e92.

I hope this explains it more now.
Thank you very much for your explanation. I already new the engine where identical, with only small differences, but never thought you could get it to remapped 35d power figures.

In terms of reliability and clutch slip how is yours? I have a friend with a 30d with a remap to 300 or so HP, and he had to install an aftermarket clutch because he's was slipping.
Appreciate 0