Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: had e90, 330i mystic blue

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbarstow
Calvino - This isn't strictly true, depending on the detector - Valentine recommends mounting as High as possible - gives farther detection range because of over-the-horizon angle. The V1 is also a Laser detector, as well as having rearward facing sensors, so also needs unobstructed view through the rear window.

I've tested mine against known radar locations, and I get an earlier warning with the high mounting point, and low mounting gives me almost nothing from behind. But YMMV, depending on the specific detector you are using.

I do like your DIY for the power ports though. Is there a part number for Gray interior ?

Radarusters says not to mount the radar high
When an officer targets your vehicle with traffic laser, he normally aims his beam at either your front headlight or your front license plate. When the beam strikes your car its maximum diameter is only 18". This means if the officer is pointing the beam at your front license plate and your detector is high or mid level on the windshield, chances are that your detector will never alert.

If you are using a a radar/laser detector you should consider mounting it as low on the windshield as possible (not obstructed by the wiper blades), to increase your chances of detecting laser.

the part # is on the 1st post I think is the same for all dark int however you can double check here http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...& hg=51&fg=35