09-02-2008, 09:07 AM   #13
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdiprete View Post

[STOCK HU] -- [EQS] -- [THA555] -- [STOCK DOOR/DECK/SUB SPEAKERS]

If I understand the wiring of the THA555 then I would get the harness converter for the bmw head unit + the extension cable to run it to the trunk. I think I'd have to make an ISO connector to insert the EQ between the head and the amp using 4 channels of the 6 available on the eq.
In your particular case, you cannot use the PnP harness of the THA555 because you have a HiFi configuration; the PnP harness is specifically for a non-HiFi configuration.

You still can use the amp RCA inputs, though.

I used to have an EQS in my E46 M3 some years ago... be advised that, although it is an excellent unit and it will really improve the sound quality of your system, adjusting this unit is not that simple or quick because of the abundance of knobs. It will take some time to get it right to your liking but it can be done and you will be very happy. Another thing is that, at least in my case, I could not get rid of a very faint but bothersome "hiss" especially at low volume/silent gaps in music, no matter how I adjusted the input/output gains... at the end I have to simply replace this unit with a full DSP processor with more adjusting power but no hiss.
Appreciate 0