Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 w/ESS55, 2001 540i/6

Garage List
2001 BMW 540i/6  [8.17]
1994 530i  [9.00]
2007 335i Coupe  [8.37]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post
5K since may? That is crazy! On the 23rd of this month my car will have its first birthday and I already have 21k on it. If im gonna pay for it then im going to drive it!
Had my car since Jan '07, and have just over 20k miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appropriate View Post
Okay, let's see... I had three damaged wheels, two were pretty nasty. They all look brand new now. I felt horrible each time I damaged one. I've never had a car with such big wheels and low profile tires... very easy to damage.

The cheapest wheel was $55. The most expensive was $85. Balancing was included in those, and they balanced my only non-damaged wheel for $10.

I stopped by Spec Wheel, and the guy told me $110 for each wheel, not including balancing of $10 each. He seemed nice enough, but when I told him I still wanted to get one other place to look at it, he guessed I was going to Woody's and told me Woody's would definitely be more expensive. Wrong.

Ideally Woody's says they like to do all the wheels of a car in one day (drop off in morning, pick up in evening), but they were a little slow on that estimate and had mine for just over 48 hours. I don't really use my car that much (only 5k miles since I got it in early May), and they and me are near the light rail, so I didn't mind. But you might have to nail them down on a commitment if you can't be without your car.

Racey, I may be interested in the wheels. Probably not really. I need a set of snow tires/wheels, and I doubt the 18" 189's could be set up with the right tire. Probably need to go to 17's huh?

---

Update: Well holy crap, they do make snow tires that fit the 189's. Let's talk.
That is great news to know it will cost less than 100 per wheel to get repaired. I just always assumed it would be like 120 or so per tire. Definitely will be giving them a call

Honestly, if I were ever going to get a set of winter wheels I would probably go for 17s. They do make 18" winter tires, but there just still isn't that much rubber there to protect your wheels against potholes and winter road disrepair. I will definitely talk to you though once I get my new wheels.
Appreciate 0