04-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #8
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndiesel_Jess View Post
OK so you are drag racing. We should get a little competition going with the Syndiesel drivers!

OK here is some free advice, you can run Syndiesel straight in your engines with the addition of a lubricity additive (any one will work). Your engines will sense the higher cetane and make the appropriate adjustments.

These engines run best on 52-55 cetane diesel which is not readily available here. You can assume that our diesel is 40 cetane, so you can have 34% pump diesel and 66% Syndiesel to make 55 cetane (approx).

How about you guys get organized into a class and I will throw in some swag for prizes?

This is very cool - I might just buy one of these to have my racing project manager, Greg Hogue send our driver Jordan Leighton, to see how she can do in just a 1/4 mile.

See us next at the Houston Half Mile Land Speen event, May 12th.

Jess
There are a few that do auto-x as well.

To clarify, the BMW 335d engine is tuned for up to 50 cetane, but will run on as low as 40 cetane; now obviously the engine is happier running higher cetane. In which case running anything higher than 50 cetane would likely yield little to no improvement.

I would love to try your product as I read several positive reviews from the VW TDI guys. I wish you guys were closer because the shipping cost is what kills it for me. Get your hands on a 335d and fall in love the torque!

Last edited by cssnms; 04-23-2012 at 06:02 PM..
Appreciate 0