View Single Post
      07-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #34
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

A few months ago I saw some bimbo walking around the local university with a sweatshirt that said "Kansas Fucking City" across the front. Just another loser in college. The idea that everyone has a right to go to college no matter how stupid they are is ridiculous. The world needs ditch diggers, too.

When I was a kid we where leaving church one day and I failed to look the pastor in the eye when he shook my hand on the way out. My father gave me hell all the way home and for an hour once we got there. In my family you wouldn't have dared make a scene in public. It just wasn't done. That's the way it was and we lived by that. In the 70's I remember my older sister coming home from a date where she and her BF got pulled over. She referred to the cops as pigs. My Mom slapped her right then and there. Hard, too. You just didn't disrespect authority in front of my parents. Yet I don't for a second consider myself having suffered from abuse. Quite the opposite. My folks cared enough about us to raise us to be decent people. Somewhere along the line the idea spanking your kids became "abuse" and we've been paying the price ever since.

But having said all that, in the world I grew up in no one's Mom worked. It was possible and common to raise a family on a working man's wages. My Dad was a truck driver. My best friend's dad was bricklayer. Another's father was a cop and another's was a bartender. The one family with a white collar father owned a nice cottage on a pond as a second home. They were the "rich" family. When everyone's mother was home, it was hard to get away with anything in the neighborhood because someone always saw you and let your mom know what you did. Different world back then.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede

Last edited by M_Six; 07-04-2012 at 10:48 PM..
Appreciate 0