Drives: '08 335i

So, I've done some negotiating and this is what it looks like I've gotten:

Quote:
MSRP $49520

Discount $2205

Sale price $47315

Money factor .00245

Residual 62% or $30702

Due at signing $1183.09 (this is 1st month payment, tax, tag, and doc only) NO money down

35 more payments of $696.93
What do you guys think of that deal?

It looks like most of the dealers just laugh at the thought of a 500-1000 over invoice on a 335i, especially a coupe. I live in an area where everyone has a BMW, and after walking the lots, I can kind of agree that the supply and demand in our market means that they can sell coupes for not too far off sticker. Most of the dealerships actually said they couldn't beat that deal and were done with talking to me at that point.

My build comes out to an invoice of $45,535.

I'd like my payments to be about $650 which would require $1500 down, so I'm thinking about telling him I want him to knock off $500, and I'll do my $1000 down.

Another thing I was thinking about was MF. Would you guys ask for them to agree on that MF, but renegotiate it if the base goes down in May or June while I'm waiting for the car?

I'm thinking I could be happy if he can match those two, $500 more off, and an agreement that we make sure my MF stays as low as it can if they change the base.

Also, on a side note, I finally got to drive an E90 335i and I really was impressed. Coming from having 2 V8 Mustangs, the power is completely different. My Mustangs will throw you back in your seat, then die off. The 335i, while it certainly pushes you back, doesn't have the V8 torque, but seems to have power forever.

I did notice though that it was exact opposite of my Mustang's pedals. My GT's clutch isn't that heavy, the Cobra was incredibly heavy, but the BMW is like a feather. It's almost hard to get a good feel of when it grabs (CDV?). I found myself not so much riding the clutch, but not sure if it was ready to grab or not, if you know what I mean. And the brakes were extremely sensitive where my GT is soft. It took me a few minutes to get used to the BMW, then when I got back in my GT to go home, I had to get used to it again!

Either way, I really enjoyed it. It seems like a really nice car. The iDrive was very overwhelming for someone who has never used it before, but I expect as you learn where all the menus are, it gets better.
Appreciate 0