View Single Post
      07-09-2019, 10:54 AM   #1
rich67
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 325i 3.0l

Rear Light Issue 2011 325i AND now boot locked shut!

Hi everyone.I have a 2011 325i and a while ago i started getting warnings telling me my rear reversing light on the right had an issue and then another saying rear fog light on the opposite side also had an issue.Not being very hands on and a bit of a frank spencer(for those who remember him) i knew i would probably break something if i started fiddling .The car was due an MOT and i presumed that the bulbs were just faulty and could be replaced then.
The car had its MOT and the tester said there was an electrical fault and he thinks he can fix it for about 100 pounds plus VAT.
I just wondered if anyone else has had this and how you managed to solve it and if the price sounds ok.
The main issue is that all this is affecting the rear lights as when the lights are on the back right is fine but the back left only lights up on the bit actually attached to the car body and the bit that is on the boot does not and so i have a full light one side and half a back light on the other.
Sorry for the long post and thanks for taking the time to read it.All the best Rich

EDIT .. i searched for a broken wire as kindly suggested below and found 2 broken brown wires both from the top but did not find/look hard for the bottom of them...i then went indoors quickly and came back out to look for the bottom end of the brown wires and the boot is now locked shut and will not open at all which has really escalated the problem!!..as i type this my wife is looking at me across the room with a mixture of anger and distain so any ideas or help would be much appreciated!! thanks again Rich

Last edited by rich67; 07-09-2019 at 01:35 PM..
Appreciate 0